Saturday 29 September 2012

Day 8 - Router Bit Hell

Hello,
I've spent nigh on a week searching and searching trying to firstly find someone selling a 1/16th of an inch router bit (about 1.5mm) to cut my 3/4 inch (18mm) MDF, and secondly someone selling it as one piece (otherwise you need the bit, the arbor, spacers and bearings).

Cheapest I've found is £27. Which is quite scandalous given it's under a tenner in the USA and you can buy a box of 20 bits for not much more.

So, I gave up and visited T-Molding website. There I can get the 20 foot of T-Molding required plus the router bit for £47. The T-Molding is half the price of gremlin arcade parts. So add the two together and it's £47 - saving about £15 on UK price.

Not only that (assuming it arrives), but there's a massive choice of colours :)

I'm taken by this one:




It's black with a chrome insert. Just got to see what colour I'm doing the rest of the cabinet...


Hope this helps anyone reading this thinking of building a cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment