Monday 17 September 2012

Day 2: Drawn

Taking the drawing from Project Mame I resized it to 730mm deep and 1850mm high. This was to give it a bit more height and more hand space on the control panel.

I also felt the height to the control panel was a bit low, so after a bit of investigation (Jakobud.com) I found the Konami cabinets of the late 80's/90's (e.g. Bucky O'Hare) were a nice shape and size and so increased my cabinet by about 4cm to between 93cm (front) and 96cm (back) giving a rise of between 3 and 4cm.
After remembering how to dissect a line/angle I set about drawing the cabinet, and now I have the new measurements I'll publish them on my MAME cabinet page when done.

So, that concludes a couple of hours work for day 2. What's to do now is cut it out, trace it and repeat.

Not quite certain yet whether I'll be using the router or the jigsaw to do the curves.

Anyway, here's the full side panel (click to enlarge) and you can find (when it's finished) the cabinet making instructions in my MAME cabinet plans section.






No comments:

Post a Comment