Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 13 - And Neg Said Let Their Be Light

Today I cut a few bits of wood to the required width (660mm), as every bit of wood from now on (I think) will be - there's only a few pieces to go really.

First I added a temporary strut to bring the sides in as because there is nothing holding the sides together at the front it splayed out naturally by about 2mm (you can see the strut in the picture with the angle bracket near to the control panel).

I then added the marquee wood and the 600mm strip light (14 watts). Short of a junction box and refusing to pay B&Q prices (the wholesaler is shut on the weekend) I called on my chief technical consultant Harry (pictured) who duly obliged and provided some technical expertise on stuff and was very impressed by my concealed drawer opening mechanism ;)

The speaker housing is not on yet and will be separate from the marquee to avoid any light bleed and the light is fully contained within the marquee (I'll probaby add some vent holes at the back.) Access to the speakers will be via the back where I'm going to cut a strip about 400mm down (behind the monitor) to allow full removal. This is the only bad thing on this design, just not enough room for speakers :(

Having done that, I temporarily added some MDF to trial the monitor and placement of control panel. The monitor rotates so I'm unsure as to mounting it on a strip of wood of fixing the stand down to allow manual rotation of the monitor. I know it's a bit small, but that's all I've got and it's hard to come by 4:3 monitors.





No comments:

Post a Comment