Friday 15 March 2013

Day 30 - No News is Good News

Well, it's been a while. I've been tinkering with the software and went on a two month course that stopped me from doing much.

Where I'm up to is the control panel artwork, after that I can order the side art, get the controls and upload some videos of the CP wiring, software build, vinyl sticking and the grand opening :)

I can't order the buttons or artwork though until I know what colours to buy and I can't figure out the colours until I get the control panel art done. Which I think I'm now going to have to do with my cack-hands, which I've done a few and they are not exactly great. Ah well. Unless somebody fancies volunteering ;)

This is the marquee, which was done by a proper artist so looks very nice. I've been toying with the idea of putting a few white sprites on the bottom right (e.g. like the kickplate pictures below) but I don't know.

Here are the sorry Control Panels I've started with, just trying to mix the cabinet colour scheme in (a kind of vermillion, yellowish, black, white, chrome). I have no idea what to do with the front section of the control panel yet. You can probably click to enlarge if you feel you must ;)



 As an explanation there are 6 buttons per player plus a joystick, a trackball beneath and the buttons to the top are the coin and player selects. The picture I added (metal slug) because it looked bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment