Saturday 22 September 2012

Day 4 Second the Best

I went to my  local electrical wholesaler and bought 3 metres of flex and a fluorescent tube (14watt) with diffuser. Cost about £12 for both.

I'm undecided whether to keep it or not. The cabinet will be 66cm wide and the tube is 62. Add the flex and it's just big enough. I need to do some searching as I'm wondering what size tube every one else uses to light up the marquee. The only other size they had was 30cm, which would be neater and cheaper but will be light up the whole space without shadows?

Anyway,  traced round the first side and cut round the wood using my straight edges, etc. The end result (for me anyway) was quite remarkable.


They were perfectly sized bar half a millimetre in a few spots, which was fixed with a quick blast with the belt sander.

While I was out I almost had a heart attack. I reckon I need about 130cm by 66cm by 3mm of perspex (plexiglas, acrylic sheet whatever you want to call it) but had to get back so I tried Wickes (think B&Q but pretending to be high quality, low priced and a cross between B&Q and a builders yard - however the result is really a rather expensive shop full of stuff you can get cheaper anywhere else) on the way home.

At Wickes the price for a 1.m by 60cm was £20 and the next size up was £30. Think I'll be going to the builders merchant on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment